South Pasadena Car Accident Lawyers
Nothing beats hitting the open road for sheer enjoyment. This is true whether you’re on a cross-country trip or running a quick errand to the local market.
Sometimes though, life sends something unexpected your way. If you’ve been in an auto accident, then you know what we’re talking about.
A car accident lawyer can never undo the past or give you back what misfortune has taken away. But he or she can help you to get the compensation you need to make a fresh start.
Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation with a Los Angeles car accident lawyer. It won’t cost you a dime to simply tell us your story.
Putting your life back together after a car wreck
There’s a lot of information available about the physical harm that an automotive crash can cause. But what about the emotional suffering that these terrible accidents can inflict?
As personal injury lawyers, we are not psychologists or counselors. Nonetheless, we can offer some basic tips to help you cope with the mental stress you’re facing. Stress and PTSD can often affect car accident victims and can have a long-term impact.
Know the difference between normal stress and signs of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a condition in which disturbing memories continue to haunt the affected person long after the event itself has passed. It can afflict anyone who has endured a terrifying or traumatic experience.
Only a qualified healthcare professional can diagnose PTSD. However, here are some of the classic warning signs of this disorder:
- A sense of being “stuck:” PTSD sufferers often feel like they can never move past the moment that caused their trauma.
- Sensitivity to psychological triggers: For car accident victims, this can occur whenever they get in a vehicle or simply think about driving.
- Bad dreams or nightmares: Usually associated with the event that caused the trauma in the first place.
- Rage or other aggressive feelings: Especially when these seem to come out of nowhere. PTSD sufferers may seem to “fly off the handle” in response to relatively minor events.
- Persistent depression and/or anxiety: The feeling of being trapped in the past can cause PTSD sufferers to experience prolonged negative emotions.
- Thoughts of self-harm or suicide: Especially when these feelings first surface after the traumatic event.
If you suspect that you’re suffering from PTSD, it’s urgent that you seek help immediately. There are many treatments available to address this condition, including medication, group therapy, and individual counseling.
Reach out to an expert
Furthermore, car accident lawyers can help you to get compensation for the treatment you need. Here’s what you can expect when you contact Ellis Injury Law today:
- A friendly free consultation: You can reach out to us 24/7, either online or by calling our convenient office number.
- Convenient contingency terms: You pay nothing unless your case prevails.
- Expert legal service from one of Southern California’s top personal injury law firms: Our skilled attorneys have recovered more than $350 million for their clients over the years. We want to help you as well.
Contact us today to get started. Our car accident attorneys look forward to discussing your case in great detail.