San Bernardino Traumatic Brain Injuries
At Ellis Law, our San Bernardino traumatic brain injury attorneys have extensive medical knowledge and expertise in litigating complex injuries.
Traumatic brain injuries affect 1.5 million people each year. Those who suffer from brain injuries experience a wide range of short- and long-term consequences whose medical understanding continues to develop. New research provided by an influx of funding in recent years has kept the medical community on its toes. Claims become significantly more complex as the defining factors in traumatic brain injuries continue to be adjusted with the latest data.
If you or a loved one suffers from a traumatic brain injury, Ellis Law has the experience, skill, and knowledge to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today by clicking here or calling 1-888-387-7168.
Why Choose Ellis Law for Your Traumatic Brain Injury Claim
For over 25 years, our elite team of litigators has dedicated themselves to achieving justice and fair compensation for their clients. Ellis Law’s nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have earned several accolades and recognitions for their leadership and successes, including;
- The Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Top Southern California Super Lawyers
Through close, personal service, Ellis Law has an established history of negotiating six and seven-figure settlements landmark successes. Our San Bernardino traumatic brain injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients pay nothing up-front for our skilled and experienced representation. Call Ellis Law today and start moving forward.
How a San Bernardino Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Can Help
Traumatic brain injury claims are one of the most complex personal injury cases. It is crucial you have representation that can understand intricate medical data and present the findings in a clear and easily understood manner.
Ellis Law overcomes challenges in traumatic brain injury cases by using medical experts and strategies that show how our client’s life has been impacted. Intangible terms like pain and disability are important, but it is critical that they be presented in a way that is tangible for an otherwise healthy person to understand.
Factors contributing to the complexity of your case include;
Determining the value of your claim
The extent of your condition, its impact on your life today, and the future impact on your life will need to be assessed and translated into a monetary value. Traumatic brain injuries have a large spectrum of symptoms that develop unpredictably as the disease progresses. A knowledgeable attorney is required to accurately assess your damages to ensure fair compensation.
Critical medical evidence may be unreliable due to technological barriers
Neuroimaging techniques are still being developed to properly diagnose and treat traumatic brain injuries. MRIs, PET, and CT scans are commonly used but have significant problems that can be exploited to derail your claim.
Negligence can be challenging to prove
Evidence of the injury is necessary to prove negligence. With unreliable brain scans to verify the traumatic brain injury, a claim’s success heavily depends on your attorney’s talent and creative strategies.
Defining Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury is not a single event; it is a progressive chronic disease with no known cure.
To put it in perspective, suffering an amputated arm is a catastrophic injury that will permanently alter your life. It is a one-time occurrence with lasting consequences.
Conversely, Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive chronic disease with no known cure. It can be caused by exposure to toxic chemicals, head injuries, and other variables. Symptoms will continue to worsen over time until death.
When seeking compensation for negligence, the damages need to reflect the gravity of your injury. The traumatic brain injury attorneys of Ellis Law are highly credentialed and dedicated to achieving justice for our clients.
What Are the Leading Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries?
- Falling from a height or onto a hard surface, like the shower
- Motor vehicle collisions with pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, and other automobiles
- High-impact sports, including football, soccer, and skateboarding
- Explosion blast waves, shrapnel, or debris
- Violent acts of assault, child abuse, shaken baby syndrome, and assault with a weapon
What Are the Short and Long-Term Consequences of Traumatic Brain Injuries?
- Altered consciousness: comas, brain death, vegetative state
- Physical complications: seizures, fluid build-up, infections, chronic headaches
- Cognitive difficulty: memory, judgment,
- Executive function: problem-solving, decision-making
- Communication problems: difficulty understanding speech or speaking, inability to organize thoughts and ideas, trouble understanding nonverbal cues
- Behavioral changes: lack of self-control or impulse control, risky behavior, verbal and physical outbursts
- Emotional changes: depression, anxiety, mood swings, lack of empathy, insomnia
- Sensory problems: ringing in the ears, impaired hand-eye coordination, bitter taste or foul smell
Contact Ellis Law in San Bernardino, California Today
When you suffer a traumatic brain injury, the future is uncertain. As the disease progresses, medical expenses will continue to accumulate. It is imperative you seek the expert counsel of an experienced traumatic brain injury attorney in San Bernardino, California. At Ellis Law, we can secure the compensation you deserve, including;
- Coverage of medical expenses, both present and future
- Pain and suffering damages
- Lost wages and loss of future earning potential
- Possible punitive damages
Schedule your evaluation today by clicking here or calling 1-888-387-7168.