San Bernardino Premises Liability
Premises liability can be challenging. The concept is rooted in the inherent responsibility of a property owner to maintain a safe environment for visitors. However, the term “safe environment” may be applied differently to unalike properties. What is considered safe for a farm may not be safe for a grocery store. In addition, a property owner’s responsibility, or duty of care, to visitors is dependent on the level of permission they have to be on the property. An expressly invited friend to dinner may deserve a higher duty of care than an uninvited solicitor or trespasser.
Navigating the nuances of premises law is complex. The highly sought attorneys of Ellis Law have extensive experience representing those injured by negligent or careless property owners. Our San Bernardino premises liability attorneys can evaluate your case and represent your best interests. Contact Ellis Law for a free consultation today by clicking here or calling 1-888-387-7168.
Choose Ellis Law for Your Premises Liability Claim
Ellis Law is a nationally recognized, award-winning personal injury law firm. For over 25 years, we have provided superior legal counsel to those who have suffered traumatic and life-altering injuries.
Our talented litigators have established a track record for negotiating six and seven-figure settlements for our clients. The Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, American Board of Trial Attorneys, and California’s Top Super Lawyers have recognized our attorneys’ leadership and stellar case results.
With representation from Ellis Law, you will receive;
- A “no fee” promise, unless we recover compensation
- Personal and responsive service from day one
- Aggressive litigation skills
- Treatment from top medical specialists and doctors with no up-front costs
- Transportation or doctor’s appointments
- The highest settlement value or verdict for your injuries
We are honored to secure justice and fair compensation for Southern California’s injured. Call Ellis Law for a free consultation today.
The Importance of Hiring a Premises Liability Attorney
The complexity of premises liability cases requires a high degree of knowledge and expertise. Often, claims come down to a specific understanding of minute details; how the fine points of the law apply to this particular set of circumstances.
Your premises liability attorney will need to prove four factors for a successful claim.
- The defendant is legally bound to the property
- The defendant acted with negligence
- The plaintiff was injured
- The defendant’s negligent actions caused the injury to the plaintiff
Defining Premises Liability Law in San Bernardino
Premises liability is based on the concept of negligence. The owner, lessee, or operator of a property must be found to have acted negligently.
For example, suppose you invite a friend over to your home for dinner. As your friend sits, the chair crumples to the ground and they fall, fracturing their tail bone. Does your friend have a case?
- If you were aware the chair had damage and chose not to fix the chair within a reasonable time frame and chose not to tell your friend about the potential hazard, you are a negligent host and your friend may have a case.
- If you were not aware of any damage to the chair but probably should have known, you have acted negligently and your friend may have a case.
- If you did not know of any damage to the chair and it would not be reasonable that you knew of any damage, you have not acted negligently. Your friend may not have a case.
Premises law covers a wide range of situations. It is critical you speak with a premises liability attorney in San Bernardino to secure fair compensation for your injuries.
At Ellis Law, we handle any number of premises liability claims, including;
- Construction site accidents
- Dog bites
- Sidewalk falls
- Elevator accidents
- Electrical injuries
- Nightclub assaults
- Negligent security
- Amusement Park injuries
- Swimming pool mishaps
- Recreational and sporting event injuries
- Scaffolding injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
Contact the Attorneys of Ellis Law
At Ellis Law, our San Bernardino premises law attorneys understand comprehensive evidence is critical to securing the compensation you deserve. We will prepare photographic or video evidence of the dangerous conditions leading to your injuries, take witness statements, gather incident reports taken soon after the event, and collect medical records and other types of supporting material to recover damages in your premises liability case, including;
- Full coverage for medical expenses related to the crash
- Loss of income if you are unable to work
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering damages
- Permanent or temporary disability
Contact the esteemed premises liability attorneys of Ellis Law today for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 1-888-387-7168.