San Bernardino Construction Accidents
Construction sites are notoriously dangerous. By nature, sites are filled with numerous hazards and risk factors, including falls from great heights, equipment malfunctions, electric shock, dangerous chemical exposure, and more. Injuries can be catastrophic, resulting in paraplegia, loss of limbs, and permanent brain damage from traumatic brain injuries.
Tragically, some construction site injuries are too severe to survive. While compensation can never ease the loss of a loved one, a wrongful death claim can lessen any financial burdens caused by their loss, including funeral arrangements, loss of household income, and other unforeseen expenses.
At Ellis Law, our esteemed personal injury lawyers consistently secure justice and fair compensation for our clients. For over 25 years, our San Bernardino construction accident attorneys have provided superior legal representation and held negligent parties responsible. If you or a loved one has been severely injured in a construction site accident, contact Ellis Law today for a free consultation by clicking here or calling (310) 641-3335.
Table of Contents
Why You Need Ellis Law
Ellis Law is nationally recognized for its leadership and success. Our esteemed personal injury attorneys are included in the Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the American Board of Trial Attorneys, and California’s Top 100 Super Lawyers. We also have an extensive track record for negotiating six and seven-figure settlements for our clients, including;
- A $4.1 million settlement for a certified forklift operator who sustained 2nd and 3rd-degree burns and severe scarring.
- A production control expeditor received a $190,000 settlement for a slip and fall that injured his hands, wrists, groin, and knees.
- $190,000 was received by a plaintiff when a piece of an office step broke off.
Our San Bernardino construction injury attorneys understand the devastation a serious injury can have on individuals and their families. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a dangerous construction site, call Ellis Law now.
What Our Construction Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
Construction site accidents claims are rarely simple. Each case presents a unique set of circumstances where liability and negligence can be challenging to discern, and the injured party may or may not have access to workers’ compensation. The complexity of a construction accident claim requires the expertise of an experienced and skilled litigator.
For example, suppose an individual is seriously injured.
- Is the injured person an employee, independent contractor, or a pedestrian?
- If they are an employee, did the injury take place during working hours at the construction site?
- Was the worker horseplaying, pranking, roughhousing, or otherwise engaging in activities that caused them to neglect their duties or safety training?
- Does the construction site employer have workers’ compensation?
- Are any other parties liable and require a third-party claim?
- Was the injury caused by a defective or malfunctioning tool, and therefore, the responsibility of the manufacturer?
- Did a negligent motorist strike you at a road construction site?
- Are you a subcontractor whose injuries are the result of a negligent general contractor?
While not all construction site accidents are caused by a third party, contacting a San Bernardino construction injury attorney is crucial. Workers’ compensation is limited to covering your medical expenses and replacement income costs. If you have suffered a serious injury, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages through a third-party claim. Only an experienced and highly knowledgeable construction site accident lawyer can examine your case for all liable parties. Contact Ellis Law for a free consultation 24 hours a day at (310) 641-3335, or click here to chat now.
Common Serious Construction Site Accidents
Construction work encompasses nearly half of the Top 25 Most Dangerous Jobs in the United States. The inherently hazardous conditions are dangerous to pedestrians and other non-construction individuals, as well.
Accidents common to construction sites include;
- Falls from scaffolding, rooftops, and ladders
- Being struck by falling debris, tools, pieces of scaffolding, and other dangerous objects
- Electrocution can be attributed to exposed wires and downed power lines
- Explosions or serious burns from chemicals or sparking wires
- Slips and falls from obstructing debris, equipment fluid leaks, or faulty stairs
- Defective or poorly maintained machinery and equipment
- Becoming trapped, including being pinned down by a fallen wall or trapped between two pieces of heavy equipment
- Being struck by a negligent vehicle
- Overexertion, which can lead to strokes
Protect Your Rights and Call Ellis Law
Choosing a construction accident injury attorney in San Bernardino, California, is a very personal decision. You can rest assured that the award-winning and nationally recognized injury lawyers of Ellis Law have the expertise, experience, and skills you need to recover the damages you deserve.