Product Liability Lawsuit
The Plaintiff was attempting to refill a portable propane cylinder from a larger, stationary propane storage tank, which was owned, installed, and maintained by the Defendant.
The Plaintiff, who was a certified forklift operator, attempted to disconnect the portable tank from the hose when the ignition occurred. Once the propane ignited, he dropped the hose nozzle. When the nozzle hit the ground, it re-opened the previously closed Quick Act valve, causing propane to escape from the nozzle with great force.
The gas ignited and caused a pressurized flame to shoot out nearly 15-20 feet from the nozzle away from the main propane storage tank. The heat of the flames reached temperatures as high as 2700 degrees Fahrenheit. The Plaintiff suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns and scarring.
Plaintiff’s loss of earnings amounted to $97,541.
Last modified: 01/10/22