Reseda Bus Accident Lawyers
Like the rest of Los Angeles, Reseda residents depend on our city’s public bus system to get where they want to go. Unlike automobiles, buses allow us to relax while someone else does the driving. They also help to reduce air pollution and other environmental hazards.
Like all forms of mass transportation however, buses are vulnerable to mechanical problems, driver error, and outright mismanagement. When we are not protected from these problems, innocent people can get severely hurt.
Common causes of bus accidents
Part of solving a problem is knowing what caused it in the first place. With that in mind, here’s a look at three common causes of bus accidents:
- Impaired, exhausted, or distracted drivers: Not all bus drivers follow the safety guidelines laid down by city and federal officials. Sometimes they nod off behind the wheel. Other times they show up for work while under the influence of alcohol. Still other times, they focus more on their mobile devices or other distractions than on their jobs.
- Poor route planning: The urban environment around Reseda is in a constant state of flux. Bus departments are supposed to take this into account when deciding which routes their buses should take. But sometimes they may neglect this important precaution.
- Lack of proper signage: Anyone who travels around the city knows that construction or repair projects are frequently occurring. Those who manage these jobs are supposed to clearly mark off the affected areas, but that doesn’t always happen.
Finding the right lawyer for your case
Hopefully, you’ll never require the services of a bus accident lawyer. But, should the need arise, it helps to know what to look for. We can break the essentials down into four guidelines we call RARE. It stands for Reputation, Approach, Results, and Empathy. Here’s what makes each of them so important:
- Reputation: Good law firms are known for their commitment to client service and their adherence to professional standards. An easy way to check their reputation is by looking at online reviews of Reseda bus accident lawyers.
- Attitude and approach: Skilled personal injury lawyers are always helpful and supportive to their clients. At the same time, they are civil but assertive when dealing with the other side. Their goal is not to make money, but to see that justice is done.
- Results: Some people think that obtaining desirable results for clients requires a “bull in a china shop” approach. This is wrongheaded and counter-productive. Here at Ellis Injury Law, we always take the high road when dealing with others. But this hasn’t stopped us from recovering more than $350 million for our clients over the years.
- Empathy: This is less concrete but just as real as the other qualities of great Reseda bus accident lawyers. Any personal injury attorney worth your time will show respect and consideration for your feelings. Never settle for anything less.
Hopefully, you’ll live the rest of your life accident-free. But, should the worst happen, please keep Ellis Injury Law in mind. We’re available 24/7 and we never charge for consultations. Contact us today to see how we can help you.