Rancho Palos Verdes Personal Injury Lawyers
From our view, the breathtaking Pacific Ocean stretches for miles and miles from Redondo Beach to Malibu. Yet, even the hypnotic beauty of the sea is a small comfort when your life has been turned upside-down by a sudden injury or illness. Sometimes an accident is just an accident. Other times, there are a complex range of factors leading up to an occurrence for which third parties may be somewhat liable.
Ellis Injury Law is proud to offer legal services to the more than 40,000 residents in what USA Today calls “the hidden, rural, coastal gem of Los Angeles County.” Over the past 25+ years, our team of Rancho Palos Verdes personal injury lawyers have secured more than $350 million for victims of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability slip-trip-falls, defective products and medical devices, construction site mishaps, and police brutality.
Track record of success
Founder and senior partner, Andrew Ellis, graduated with a degree in business and economics from UCLA and a JD from Loyola Law School. He comes from a multi-generational law family, as his great-grandfather was Theodore Roosevelt’s lawyer at the turn of the century. His career started managing 30 cases from another attorney’s overflow. After securing a multi-million-dollar personal injury verdict against Corning Inc., Ellis launched his own successful practice. Since 1994, we have presided over a number of multi-million-dollar verdicts, including:
- $4.1 million for a certified fork-lifter whose propane cylinder exploded, burning and scarring him.
- $3 million for a delivery van driver struck by an 18-wheeler who had fallen asleep at the wheel.
- $2.9 million for life-threatening injuries after a collision with a motorist making an unsafe lane change.
- $2.4 million for a husband with soft tissue damage and a wife with neuralgia after a rear-impact collision.
- $1.4 million for lower back injuries following a rear-end collision with a big rig who failed to stop at a light.
- $1 million for leg fractures when a safety van driver failed to secure our plaintiff properly within the vehicle.
- $850,000 for a movie theatre slip and fall that caused the plaintiff to hit her head on the ground.
Commitment to clients
The personal attention you receive is one of the standout features of working with a personal injury lawyer from Ellis Injury Law. You work one-on-one with an attorney, rather than getting handed off to a case manager or paralegal. We are available to you 24/7 to answer questions and concerns with friendliness and compassion.
Initial consultations are free of charge, with NO upfront fees for our investigative work and negotiations. Should you win a settlement or jury award, we take a percentage of compensation consistent with the fair market value for legal services. We understand you are suffering with medical bills, lost income, and other disability-related expenses, and want to alleviate this financial strain – not add to it.
“We’re in a business that allows us to obtain some lucrative benefits,” says Andrew Ellis, “but if I can’t make this a better place that I’m living in, why am I even doing this?” Andrew Ellis and his team are not only committed to their clients, but to the greater Rancho Palos Verdes community as well. We actively participate in a number of charities through the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities, of which Mr. Ellis is a board member as well.
When to call a lawyer
The decision to file a lawsuit is never one we take lightly. Some people may opt for the insurance company’s first settlement offer to be over and done with the hardship as quickly as possible, even if a larger sum is possible in the future. Others may find it truly rewarding to work with a personal injury attorney who cares about their needs and helps them secure enough money for the best possible future, given medical expenses, wage losses, and emotional suffering.
Seeking compensation through civil courts can provide you with money to cover:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Past, present, and future loss of income
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Disability-related devices and home modifications
- In cases of death: wrongful death, loss of companionship and support, funeral and burial expenses
Even if you’re not sure what you want to do, contacting Ellis Injury Law sooner rather than later is a wise decision. The State of California allows a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuit filings, but this window could be even shorter (as little as six months) if you are suing a taxpayer-funded entity or medical institution. In some cases, you may have a longer statute permitted – for instance, if the injury victim was a minor at the time or the nature of the injury was not immediately known. Contact our lawyers in Rancho Palos Verdes now to discuss the details of your case.