Product Recall Lawyer
When someone is harmed because of a defective consumer good that is later the subject of a product recall, determining exactly how and why the injury was caused can be a complicated process. That is why the product recall attorneys at Ellis Law consult with a team of technical experts who can evaluate what went wrong during the product’s design, manufacture and/or distribution. Our Los Angeles product liability lawyers will reconstruct the chain of events step by step to prove the cause and extent of your injuries, and make sure you receive the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Every day Californians rely upon hundreds of products, from the shampoo we use in the shower, to the cereal we eat for breakfast, to the car we drive to work. We trust that these products will perform as promised and were adequately tested before being released for public consumption. Unfortunately, often this is not the case, and the public only becomes aware of the serious risks only after others suffer needless harm.
Be aware that strict statute of limitations laws regulate the timeframe for filing product recall litigation in California and throughout the country, so victims of defective products are urged to contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Ellis Law, our success is your success—all consultations are free and confidential, and we charge no fees unless we win your case.
In recent years, manufacturers nationwide have recalled a vast array of defective products such as dangerous drugs, motor vehicles and bicycles, contaminated foods, defective household goods and appliances, and many others.
Recent examples of product recalls include:
- All medical products from a so-called compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts; contaminated injectable steroids caused 64 deaths and at least 751 cases of fungal meningitis and other serious infections across 20 states (October 2012)
- Chicken products infected with a multi-drug-resistant strain of salmonella from three California facilities; 430 people were sickened and hundreds hospitalized, most in California (January 2014)
- 8.72 million pounds of tainted meat products from a California firm that “processed diseased and unsound animals” (February 2014)
- Defective DePuy hip replacement systems that failed prematurely and caused pseudotumors, infection and metal toxicity (August 2010)
- 325,000 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras with exhaust components that can overheat and cause an engine fire (January 2014)
- Thousands of infant car seats that failed to secure the child properly and were inadequately secured within the car seat base, risking the child’s serious injury or death in the event of a vehicle crash (June 2001 & March 2002)
- Over 42,000 space heaters sold at Sears and Kmart that smoked or caught fire, injuring consumers and posing a fire hazard (January 2014)
- 216,000 strollers whose folding mechanism caused partial finger amputations, broken fingers, and severe lacerations (January 2014).
Product recall lawsuits
The product liability lawyers at Ellis Law specialize in representing people who have been injured by defectively designed, manufactured or distributed goods. In some instances, corporations intentionally misrepresent the risks of using their products, putting profit over public safety.
In other instances, a manufacturing plant contaminates food, drugs or other products meant for human consumption, resulting in widespread illness or even death.
In all these circumstances, our attorneys will seek full compensation under the law for those who have been injured, including for medical expenses, lost wages, future medical monitoring and treatment, limitations on future earnings and other types of damages.
If a family member has died as a result of a defective product, we pursue recovery for loved ones who survive, including not only economic losses, but also non-economic damages, including the loss of the deceased’s emotional and psychological support to the family. Money can never fully compensate a family for losing a parent or child, but financial support can ease the day-to-day difficulties of living without a loved one.
Los Angeles product liability lawyers
Negligent corporations and manufacturers deserve to be held responsible for their reckless actions and omissions. The personal injury attorneys at Ellis Law have decades of experience helping victims of defective and/or recalled products recover just compensation for their injuries.
Oftentimes we are able to settle with the defendant company before a case goes to trial, so you do not have to relive traumatic experiences in open court. But if a manufacturer insists on fighting, we will fully leverage our expertise and resources all the way until the jury issues its verdict.
We encourage you to contact us if you or a member of your family has been injured or killed, and you believe that a defective product, including any product that was later recalled from the market, was responsible. Please call us at 310-641-3335 to discuss your legal options.