Product Liability Lawyer
If you’ve been harmed by a defective household product, faulty automobile part, contaminated food or other unsafe item, the product liability lawyers at Ellis Law will determine if you’re entitled to compensation. Boasting more than two decades of experience advocating for clients who’ve suffered serious injuries and financial hardships due to recalled and defective products, we promise to hold the liable parties accountable for your pain, suffering and economic losses.
Product liability lawyers at Ellis Law
For over twenty years, Ellis Law attorneys have dedicated their practice to helping innocent victims recover maximum compensation for their injuries. Our reputation as one of the country’s leading personal injury law firms rests on more than $100 million in verdicts and settlements procured on behalf of our clients.
A successful product liability lawsuit can recoup monetary damages related to dangerous prescription drugs, defective medical devices, hazardous infant toys and other products that cause consumer injury.
Some product defects leading to injuries can be traced back to poor manufacturing or inherent design flaws, while other injuries stem from a manufacturer’s failure to warn of known dangers. Pharmaceutical giants and major companies have a responsibility to design, assemble and distribute products that are safe for their intended purpose, but when that duty is breached catastrophic injuries and needless deaths often result.
Common defective product claims
Representing clients throughout the nation, Ellis Law offers unsurpassed legal representation to those who’ve suffered harm from faulty products, whether it occurred in the workplace, at a business establishment or at home. We understand the emotional and monetary burdens associated with defective product injuries and will provide the personal attention you deserve during these difficult times. But most importantly, we are here to ensure your rights and those of your family are protected through every step of the litigation process.
Our attorneys accept a wide range of product liability cases, including:
- Product recalls
- Infant products
- Defective household items
- Recalled toys
- Vehicle recalls
- Medical devices
- Chemical contamination
- Construction and industrial equipment
- Power tools and other equipment
Serious injuries from manufacturing & design defects
Unfortunately, big businesses have a long track record of placing profits ahead of consumer safety. Billions of dollars in yearly revenue often take precedence over updated warning labels. Every year, hundreds of Americans suffer devastating injuries caused by hazardous household items, artificial hip and knee replacements, medications and food products. When pursuing a product liability claim, the law may assign blame to one or several entities along the chain of distribution, including the designer, manufacturer, distributer and retailer.
However, since both state and federal consumer laws are considered in product liability actions, it’s crucial to partner with a firm that is well-versed in this area of litigation. In order to obtain a damage award or settlement through the courts, your attorney must demonstrate that the product was defective or carried insufficient warnings, thus resulting in your injury.
There are three main categories of product liability claims:
- Claims based on manufacturing defects
- Cases involving design defects
- Lawsuits involving failure to warn, insufficient labeling or misleading advertising
Consumers harmed by a failure to warn
Injured consumers may also have grounds for legal action if a manufacturer failed to sufficiently warn about potential risks. In effect, if you were hospitalized from an adverse side effect of a drug that was not adequately warned about, you may be entitled to compensation.
Ellis Law attorneys offer each prospective new client a free and confidential legal review to gather the facts of your case and determine whether product risks were sufficiently labeled.
Some of the factors we will consider include:
- Was the product being used in its intended manner?
- What is the nature/severity of your injuries?
- Were the warning labels clearly marked, easy to understand and visible?
- How much did the product label depend on the experience of the consumer?
- Was it likely the product could cause injury?
In order to build the strongest case possible and increase your chances of recovery, our firm collaborates with a highly regarded network of industry professionals to provide clients with the expert testimony that is often pivotal in product liability claims.
Causes of action in product liability litigation
Suffering an injury, whether minor or life-threatening, because of a dangerous or defective product doesn’t always entitle victims to immediate compensation. The sooner you seek the counsel of a skilled attorney, the better your prospects are for collecting monetary damages.
Depending on the circumstances of your injuries, a lawsuit may include the following causes of action:
- Negligence: A manufacturer may be held liable for insufficient pre-market testing, failure to provide adequate instructions, failure to issue a timely product recall notice, or negligence in the design of the product.
- Strict liability: the majority of product liability actions are brought under this theory, which extends the liability of the manufacturer or seller to anyone who uses the product as intended and is subsequently harmed.
- Implied Warranties: An implied warranty guarantees that the product must be fit for purposes intended by the seller.
Compensation available to plaintiffs
Ellis Law will work diligently to ensure you are compensated fully for all economic and non-economic losses related to your injuries.
Damages will account for:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Burial or funeral expenses (wrongful death lawsuit)
Protect your rights, contact Ellis Law today
Burns, lacerations, head trauma, and brain damage are only some of the debilitating consequences of recalled and defective products. If you have been harmed and would like to speak with one of our product liability lawyers, we are pleased to offer a no-charge consultation. We strive to help our clients put their lives back together by working with honesty, compassion, and integrity. To schedule your free case evaluation, please call 1.800.INJURED.
- FDA, Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts http://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/
- Legal Dictionary, Product Liability http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Product+Liability
- Recalls.Gov, Product Recalls http://www.recalls.gov/cpsc.html
- Consumer Product Safety Commission, Statutes http://www.cpsc.gov/Regulations-Laws--Standards/Statutes/