Pacific Palisades Bus Accident Lawyers
Severe injuries resulting from bus accidents can drastically alter the way you live your life. Whether it’s a broken bone, disfigurement, or the loss of someone you love, it can feel difficult to manage the physical, emotional, and financial impacts of the incident. However, you don’t need to feel alone after your accident. Our Pacific Palisades bus accident lawyers are here to help you hold liable parties responsible for the negligence and collect the compensation that will help you recover.
Types of bus accident injuries
Buses are extremely large, long vehicles that lack flexibility and can weigh up to 20 tons, with most of the weight carried on top, making it more prone to rollovers. These factors, paired with dozens of passengers riding without seatbelts or other safety equipment, can turn even a small crash into a devastating accident.
Some of the ways you can be harmed on a bus include:
- Being tossed around the bus during a collision
- Being thrown from the vehicle or hitting the ground during a rollover
- Having the doors close on you or other mechanical defects
- Hitting your head on a seat or bar
- Being struck by a bus while walking or riding your bike
- Having a bus crash into your vehicle
There are many ways that a bus accident can occur. If you’ve been injured in an incident involving a bus, contact a Pacific Palisades bus accident attorney. Our personal injury lawyers will help you determine if you have a case.
What to do if you’ve been involved in a bus accident
After an accident, especially one involving a bus, it’s important to think clearly about what to say and do. While the moment can be traumatic and chaotic, there are certain things that can greatly improve your future case. If you find yourself in an accident involving a bus, follow these 5 rules:
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Some injuries may not be apparent right away, so it is always recommended to seek treatment as soon as possible to determine if anything is wrong.
- Collect evidence. Taking photos of damages, traffic lights, skid marks, and other environmental factors could help in the courtroom when proving liability. You should also take down the contact information of other witnesses.
- Keep records of damages and injuries. When filing for a claim, it’s important to present proof. Keeping things such as medical bills, transportation costs, and vehicle repairs will help to ensure that you collect the maximum amount of compensation.
- Call a Pacific Palisades bus accident attorney. Even if the case seems simple, big insurance companies have the money and legal resources to make it complicated. Let them know you aren’t messing around by hiring an experienced bus accident lawyer.
Getting maximum compensation
Over our 25 years of experience, we’ve helped our clients collect $350 million in compensation and we can help you. We also offer a free consultation and never request payment until we’ve won your case. Speak to a personal injury attorney today for your free case evaluation.