Maywood Personal Injury Lawyers
Ellis Injury Law offers a winning team of Maywood personal injury lawyers with more than 25 years of experience and over $350 million won on behalf of our clients. We are members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and board members of the LA Trial Lawyers Charities. We’ve earned accolades from Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, and The National Trial Lawyers. Past clients describe our team of seven associates as “attentive,” “professional,” “straightforward,” and “calming.” Our compassion, knowledge, and tireless advocacy is just what you need after a sudden accident sends your life into upheaval.
What is a personal injury?
A personal injury lawyer handles claims of physical injury, rather than property damage. Typically, the injury occurs in an “accident” that was – at least, in part — due to the negligence or recklessness of a third party. Perhaps you were hit by another vehicle, you slipped on a wet floor at the supermarket, or a dog raced out of a yard and bit you. Maybe you were using a consumer product that malfunctioned or your surgeon made a mistake during a medical procedure.
What do personal injury attorneys do?
It’s true that you can choose to represent yourself in negotiations and court, but personal injury lawyers perform many valuable services. We can help with:
- Medical care – If you need a referral for area hospitals, doctors, specialists, or surgeons, we offer expertise.
- Transportation – We can help you get to our office for meetings, the court room, or even medical appointments.
- Investigation – Sometimes liability is obvious. Other times, it requires a bit more digging from a team of experts.
- Advice – Should you accept a settlement offer, pursue a civil lawsuit, or press criminal charges? We know!
- Research – Our team will research and choose the legal angles most likely to secure compensation.
- Advocacy – We represent your interests against low-balling insurers, bullying defendants, and aggressive cops.
- Paperwork – Don’t lose your claim based on a technicality! We make sure all deadlines are met and papers filed.
- Upfront costs – We cover all filing and court fees for you, so you can focus on your recovery, not finances.
- Testimony – Our network of investigators, medical experts, and other professionals can strengthen your case.
- Representation – We’ll go to court for you if need be to aggressively defend your right to pursue compensation.
What can a personal injury lawsuit pay for?
We can help you obtain money through settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit to cover: medical bills, lost wages, disability-related expenses, emotional pain and suffering, and (in some cases) attorney fees. Punitive damages may be added in cases of gross negligence, which is how we get to multi-million-dollar verdicts. Depending on the nature of your injuries, your spouse may be eligible to file for loss of consortium. Survivors who have lost a loved one in an accident may claim loss of companionship, loss of financial support, loss of guidance, and wrongful death benefits, as well as funeral and burial expenses. While no compensation is guaranteed, it costs you nothing to try.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
A personal injury attorney works on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay for service if your case wins. We offer a free consultation to all clients. Once we accept your case, we’ll draw up a fair and transparent contract that outlines all costs. Generally speaking, lawyer commissions range from 33 to 40 percent. Additional fees may include courthouse document filing, travel expenses, expert witness retainers, and transcriptionist costs – but we pay for all of it upfront, so financial matters are not a consideration throughout the proceedings. We are always looking for ways to keep expenses low for our clients, and you can opt-in or opt-out of any spending item as the case progresses. Once the settlement or jury award is paid into your account, the agreed-upon legal fee automatically comes out, and you receive the rest as a lump sum or as installment payments.
Contact Ellis Injury Law to set up a free consultation at our Maywood, CA office and explore your full set of legal options.