Los Angeles Product Liability Lawyer
If you or your loved one were the victim of a defective product, you need a skilled, compassionate attorney fighting for your legal rights. At Ellis Law, our product liability attorneys strive to ensure you get the compensation you need for your injuries and protect you from insurance company tactics used to lessen, deny, or shift the blame for your accident.
Ellis Law’s product liability attorneys are:
- Experienced negotiators and trial practitioners;
- Educated and up-to-date on product liability laws and claims; and
- Dedicated to pursuing fair and just compensation for victims of product liability accidents.
Choosing the right product liability attorney for your case is an essential first step towards recovery. Contact Ellis Law today and schedule your risk-free claim consultation with a product liability attorney.
How a Los Angeles Product Liability Attorney Can Help
Product liability cases are some of the most complex and time-consuming personal injury cases. The companies that place defective products into the hands of consumers will fiercely defend their reputation and profits. It is crucial you have a seasoned product liability attorney on your side to persevere against these corporations and their attorneys.
At Ellis Law, our product liability attorneys are persistent and aggressive when building and pursuing your legal claim. We do the following and more on your behalf:
- Obtain witness statements about your injury;
- Collect any evidence related to the accident;
- Analyze your medical records;
- Assess the full extent and costs of your injuries and accident-related losses;
- Compile evidence from recall notices such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as any existing independent studies;
- File a civil lawsuit to demand compensation;
- Negotiate a full settlement; or
- Pursue a trial verdict.
Ellis Law will stand beside you throughout your claim, update you with any status changes, and respond promptly to your calls, texts, and emails. Call our Los Angeles office now to discuss your product liability case and have your questions answered by a knowledgeable attorney.
What is a Product Liability Claim?
Product liability is an area of personal injury law. A product liability claim arises from a consumer injury caused by a defective or inherently dangerous product. The victim of a product liability accident does not need to be the one who purchased the product to have a claim, only the one injured by the product.
Consumers expect manufacturers, designers, and distributors to provide them with products that are safe for their intended use. When these parties fail to do so, California law ensures that injured consumers can recover monetary compensation for any resulting injuries.
There are three types of defective and hazardous product claims. These include manufacturing defects, design defects, and failure to warn.
- Manufacturing defects. A defect occurs during the process of creating the product making the product dangerous;
- Design defects. The design of the product itself causes an unreasonable risk of harm; and
- Failure to warn. The retailer or distributor fails to provide adequate instruction on how to use a product.
Common Consumer Products in Product Liability Claims
Consumers are injured by defective and dangerous products every day in their homes, at work, or traveling in their vehicles. Some common consumer products involved in product liability claims are the following:
- Vehicle airbags;
- Children’s car seats;
- Power tools;
- Gas grills;
- Space heaters;
- Carbon monoxide detectors;
- Medical devices and implants;
- Prescription drugs;
- Health supplements; and
- Over-the-counter medicines.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Product Liability Attorney
These are only a few of the many defective products on the market today. If a defective or dangerous product injured you or your family member, contact a product liability attorney at Ellis Law. Our experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys can advise you of ongoing litigation regarding the product that harmed you and of any compensation potentially due for your claim.
There is a time period within which a lawsuit for a defective product must be filed. To meet this deadline, call Ellis Law as soon as possible. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to get you the compensation and justice you deserve for your injuries and other losses.