Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents can leave you with catastrophic injuries and place a burden on you and your family mentally, emotionally, and financially. You may be struggling to manage your medical bills, pay for property damage, and make ends meet. If you are unsure where to turn for help after your motorcycle accident, call Ellis Law.
At Ellis Law, our motorcycle accident attorneys are:
- Fierce advocates for the compensation you need both now and in the future;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of motorcycle accident law; and
- Aggressive settlement negotiators and courtroom litigators who will fight for your best interests at all times.
If you were seriously hurt or lost a loved one to a motorcycle crash, you should not have to pay for another driver’s negligent or reckless behavior. Let Ellis Law pursue the compensation you and your family deserve. Our legal team will provide you with the support you need to get your life back after a severe motorcycle accident.
Contact Ellis Law now to schedule a no-obligation consultation. We will address your most pressing motorcycle accident questions and concerns and help set your mind at ease about your situation.
A Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
When you retain Ellis Law, you can feel confident that you have a skilled, experienced legal team by your side throughout your motorcycle accident case. Our attorneys will listen to the facts of your case, take the time to understand your legal goals, and personalize a case strategy to fit your needs. Ellis Law wants to do what is best for you and your future.
You can trust our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys to do the following and more on your behalf:
- Investigate your motorcycle accident;
- Identify who is legally responsible for the accident;
- Assess your injuries;
- Identify all insurance coverage applicable to the accident and your injuries;
- Make any referrals for medical care;
- Help you retrieve your property if necessary;
- Notify creditors of the accident and status;
- Calculate the past, current, and projected costs and losses from the accident;
- Consult with experts to determine your likely medical or life-care needs and their costs;
- File claims with insurance carriers;
- Aggressively negotiate for payment of maximum compensation;
- File a personal injury lawsuit against any liable party that refuses to negotiate a proper settlement; and
- Present a solid and persuasive case in court, if required.
Most motorcycle accident claims are settled outside of court. When an acceptable settlement agreement cannot be reached, the motorcycle accident lawyers at Ellis go to court prepared to win.
Set up your consultation with our motorcycle accident attorneys today, and let us review the details of your case. The sooner we begin work on your claim, the faster we can secure compensation for you and your family.
Do not make any recorded statements or sign any documentation from an insurance company without speaking to Ellis Law. Your words could be used against you in your claim, and you could sign away your right to any future compensation for your injuries.
Causes of California Motorcycle Accidents
California’s climate lends itself to motorcycling. However, riding a motorcycle is riskier than driving a car due to the motorcycle’s instability and lack of safety protection. Motorcycle riders have only their clothing and helmets to protect them from impact with the grounds or another, much larger vehicle.
Unfortunately, California has one of the highest rates of accidents involving motorcycles in the United States. Motorcycle accidents typically involve a passenger car. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents involving passenger cars include:
- Unsafe speeds;
- Improper acts or movements;
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Failing to yield;
- Unsafe vehicles; and
- Failing to stop.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Although it is impossible to control the actions of other drivers, taking precautions like wearing a helmet and appropriate clothing while riding a motorcycle can reduce the risk of some injuries. Complying with traffic laws is also essential to safe riding.
Lower body injuries compose around 30% of all motorcycle accident injuries. This is in part due to the use of motorcycle helmets. Wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle reduces the risk of death in an accident by 37% and the risk of a head injury by 69%.
When injuries do occur in a motorcycle accident, they are often the following:
- Mild to severe head and brain injuries, from concussions to traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Back and spinal cord injuries like broken vertebrae and paralysis;
- Multiple fractured and broken bones;
- Loss of limbs;
- Chest and shoulder injuries;
- Foot and knee injuries;
- Eye injuries;
- Frictions burns, also known as road rash; and
- Scarring and disfigurement.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
Motorcycle accident injuries may require years of medical expenses, surgeries, and medication and can upend a victim’s life and sense of normalcy. Victims of motorcycle accidents can typically recover compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
The amount of compensation a victim receives depends upon the type and severity of their injuries, their prognosis for recovery, and the overall effect of the accident on the victim’s life. Motorcycle accident compensation may include the following types of damages:
- Past medical expenses;
- Future medical bills;
- Emotional or psychological treatment expenses;
- Prescription costs;
- Rehabilitation costs;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Wrongful death; and
- Funeral and burial expenses.
There is a deadline, or statute of limitations, to file a motorcycle accident case in California. Any motorcycle accident case must be filed within two years of the date of injury; otherwise, any claim a victim may have for damages is barred.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Getting the compensation, you need to pay for motorcycle accident expenses takes the help of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. At Ellis Law, our motorcycle accident attorneys have the determination, drive, and experience needed to fight for your right to maximum compensation for your injuries.
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Ellis Law are tough and relentless but also compassionate. Call us today to schedule your initial consultation with our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers.