Does Lyft Cover You in an Accident?
Accidents can be confusing as it is, but when it comes to fender-benders using a Rideshare service like Lyft, things can feel even more complicated. Whether you are the driver, a passenger, or a bystander, there are things you should know about Lyft’s accident coverage—like you could be eligible for compensation.
If you’ve been involved in a Lyft accident, contact a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer today.
Lyft’s Insurance Policy
Lyft is known for continuously changing its coverage options and the companies it works with. They are also quite vague and unclear with how riders and drivers should handle an insurance claim following an accident. The best way to work around the confusion and make sure you fully understand your rights is to contact a Lyft accident lawyer. Having an experienced legal team on your side will make sure you aren’t driven around by the large corporation’s exhaustive legal resources and that your medical bills and other losses are reimbursed.
Passenger of a Lyft Accident
If you were a passenger in a Lyft vehicle that was involved in an accident, whether it was the fault of the driver’s or of another party, you could be eligible to collect compensation for your losses, such as medical bills, property damage, lost wages, loss of life, pain and suffering, and more.
However, who may pay that out will depend on your individual case. Your car accident lawyer will help to clear confusion and establish liable parties, whether that is Lyft, the driver, another driver, or a combination of all three, and make sure that those parties pay up.
What to do after a Lyft accident
When you are involved in a Lyft accident (or any accident, for that matter) the next steps you take can have a huge impact on the outcome of your case. The more proof you can build, the more money you may be able to collect. If you find yourself involved in an accident with a Lyft car, here are the following steps you should take:
- Call 9-1-1- or other emergency services. Your main priority after any accident is to ensure that everyone is OK and to call the appropriate emergency services. Having a police report can also help when filing a case.
- Seek medical attention. Never wait to seek medical attention after an accident. Even if you feel fine, the symptoms of injuries may be prolonged or your adrenaline can prevent you from feeling the full effect. Seeking immediate attention helps to draw a direct correlation between your injuries and the accident and ensures that you have the best possible recovery.
- Document the accident. Take photos of any damage, road conditions, license plates, skid marks, or other things that could be used as evidence of the accident and to establish the at-fault party. You should also screenshot important rider information such as your driver’s name, vehicle, and license plate, and other destination details. You should also jot down contact and insurance info from other drivers.
- Talk to witnesses. If there were other passengers or bystanders who witnessed the accident, you may try to ask them what they saw and take down their names and contact information.
- Protect important paperwork. Paper trails lead to bigger settlements. Keep a folder of any important documents, such as medical records, bills, lost pay, damages, and more that are related to the accident. You may also choose to keep a diary of the various ways your accident-related injuries have affected your normal life.
- Call your lawyer immediately. After calling police and medical, your next call should be to your Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer. Your lawyer will have your best interests in mind and will walk you through exactly what you should and should not following the incident to make sure that you don’t jeopardize a potential case.
Filing a car accident lawsuit against Lyft
If you’ve been injured in an accident that involved a Lyft car, don’t let your medical bills pile-up, file for compensation. At Ellis Law, we have a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer ready to talk with you about your incident in a completely free consultation. We’ll help you determine whether or not you have a case and make sure that your financial needs are met following the accident.
Call us now for legal advice.