Los Angeles Lyft Accident Attorney
If you or your loved one suffered injuries or were killed in a Lyft accident, it is imperative you contact an experienced Lyft attorney like those at Ellis Law. Our Lyft lawyers in Los Angeles are experienced in handling the multiple insurance policies and limits associated with Lyft and its drivers.
At Ellis Law, we offer our clients representation that is:
- Compassionate and empathetic;
- Professional and punctual; and
- Determined and dedicated to winning.
We have decades of legal experience and a proven track record of success securing multi-million dollar results for our clients. At Ellis Law, we provide no-cost Lyft accident attorney consultations. Contact us in Los Angeles today and find out if you are entitled to compensation for your Lyft injuries.
Table of Contents
Our Experienced Lyft Accident Attorneys Can Help
At Ellis Law, our Lyft accident attorneys work tirelessly to prove your Lyft claim. Our skilled Lyft accident attorneys fight to preserve your legal rights and win the compensation you need after a Lyft accident.
Our Lyft injury attorneys in Los Angeles will:
- Identify all liable parties for your Lyft accident;
- Identify the insurance policies that can provide you with compensation;
- Gather any necessary evidence to make your case;
- Interview eyewitnesses and take their statements;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with insurance companies; and
- If needed, take your case to trial.
Take your first steps towards recovery by calling Ellis Law today. We will pursue your Lyft accident claim from start to finish lessening your legal burden, allowing you time to heal, and ensuring you receive the maximum amount of compensation due for your injuries.
Lyft Insurance Policies
Receiving compensation from Lyft is easiest when the Lyft driver has their application on and has a passenger in the car. Lyft divides its insurance coverage into three periods. If the application is on and the driver is in the process of passenger transport, and an uninsured or underinsured driver causes the accident, Lyft’s insurance policy covers:
- $1 million per accident for property damage; and
- $1 million per accident for bodily injuries.
If a Lyft driver is not actively involved in passenger transport, but the application is on and causes an accident, the coverage is lower. In these situations, Lyft’s insurance policy covers the following:
- $50,000 liability coverage per person;
- $100,000 liability coverage per accident; and
- $25,000 in property damage coverage.
If a Lyft driver does not have a passenger and does not have the Lyft application open, the driver’s own insurance policy is responsible for the accident.
Compensation Available to Lyft Accident Victims
Compensation for Lyft accidents is like any other car accident. The victim of a Lyft accident may receive compensation for the following types of damages:
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma;
- Amputation or other disfigurement;
- Medical and hospital bills;
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future income;
- Property damage;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Wrongful death.
Contact an Experienced Lyft Accident Attorney
Lyft and Uber policy limits and restrictions are complicated, and it can be challenging to know what types of compensation for which you may qualify. To learn more about the amount and types of damages available in a Lyft accident, contact an experienced Lyft attorney in Los Angeles. There is never a charge for your initial consultation, so reach out to us in Los Angeles at your earliest convenience.