Los Angeles E-Scooter Accident Lawyer
Electric scooters are fun, easy to use, and dangerous. The Associated Press reported on June 9, 2019, that there were at least eleven deaths attributable to e-scooters since 2018, and more than one hundred cities now have motorized scooters.
E-scooters provide little safety information and pose a threat to their riders and those around them. If you or your loved one were injured or killed in an e-scooter accident, call the e-scooter accident attorneys at Ellis Law for help.
At Ellis Law, our e-scooter attorneys are:
- Knowledgeable regarding Los Angeles e-scooter rules and regulations;
- Experienced and proven successful in both personal injury litigation and negotiations; and
- Determined to hold liable parties responsible for their negligent or reckless actions.
Contact Ellis Law today and schedule a no-obligation consultation about your e-scooter injuries. We want to get you the compensation you need to move forward and live your best possible life.
Table of Contents
Let Our Experienced E-Scooter Accident Attorneys Help
At your first meeting with Ellis Law, we will review your e-scooter claim and advise you of your legal options. If we accept your e-scooter accident claim, our skilled attorneys will do the following on your behalf:
- Investigate your accident;
- Collect and respond to accident-related correspondence;
- Obtain any accident-related evidence such as police reports, medical records, and receipts;
- File your insurance claims;
- Identify all possible sources of compensation;
- Consult with experts regarding your injuries and prognosis;
- Notify creditors of your accident and status;
- Advise you of all settlement offers; and
- If necessary, take your case to court.
There are time limits to file an e-scooter accident lawsuit in California, so call our Los Angeles e-scooter accident attorneys today.
E-Scooter Rules and Regulations in Los Angeles
Many factors can contribute to an e-scooter accident, and more than 1,500 riders across the United States have been injured since e-scooters were introduced in 2017.
In Los Angeles, the following rules are in place for e-scooter riders
- Wear a helmet if under eighteen;
- Ride at a maximum speed of fifteen miles per hour;
- Use bike lanes where available;
- Ride alone, off the sidewalk, and with a valid driver’s license;
- Dismount and walk for left turns;
- Abide by crosswalk regulations; and
- Follow all the rules that apply to motor vehicles.
Common E-Scooter Accidents and Injuries
Despite e-scooter regulations, injury accidents still happen. Some common e-scooter accidents involve collisions with:
- Rideshare vehicles like Ubers and Lyfts
- Hazardous road conditions or debris.
With little to no bodily protection and often no head protection, e-scooter injuries can be serious and may include:
- Road rash;
- Cuts and lacerations;
- Broken or fractured bones;
- Blunt chest and abdominal trauma;
- Severe bleeding; and
- Organ damage.
Contact an Experienced E-Scooter Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries in an e-scooter accident due to someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. Contact Ellis Law to discuss your legal rights and the facts of your case today.
Ellis Law has decades of experience fighting for clients like you. Your consultation with a Los Angeles personal injury attorney is risk-free, so do not hesitate to reach out to our legal team for more information.