How Long Does It Take to Repair a Car After an Accident?
We love our automobiles. The ability to go where we please when we please is essential to many of our lifestyles.
That’s why an auto accident can seem like the end of the world. The time it takes to repair a vehicle varies widely, depending on the type of damage, the shop’s workload, and the parts needed to correct the problem.
It’s a good idea to contact a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer while you’re waiting for the garage to finish the repairs. The sooner you take this important step, the sooner you’ll have the compensation you need to pay bills, cover lost wages, and replace lost possessions. The road to a better tomorrow starts by seeking legal representation today.
Factors that can affect vehicle repair times
Modern automobiles are safer and more fuel-efficient than ever before. Innovations like anti-lock brakes and electronic fuel injection not only save us money at the pump, they also make traveling by car or truck a more pleasant experience.
But the added complexity that comes with these improvements can carry a different kind of cost, in the form of extended waiting times for repairs. Here are some of the factors that come into play when a vehicle is involved in a wreck:
- The type of damage: Minor surface problems like small dents or scratches may only take a day or two to correct. On the other hand, repair times can stretch into weeks when the problem affects the engine or other critical components. In severe cases, the technician may need to disassemble the vehicle to get at the problem.
- The shop’s workload: Skilled auto technicians are in short supply in many parts of the country. The existing labor force must often work long hours to keep up with demand, a problem which can make add days to the length of time you must wait.
- The availability of needed parts: Sometimes the biggest challenge in completing a repair is finding the right replacement components. In some cases, it can take several days for the shop to locate and acquire the needed parts, especially if the car is an older model or a high-performance vehicle.
As you can see, it may take a while to get your car or truck back from the garage. A good way to spend the time is by talking to a Los Angeles car accident attorney about your case. Skilled legal representation can help you to get the compensation you need to put the accident behind you and move on with your life.
Car accident attorney vs. dealing with insurance companies on your own
Most experts agree that you’re better off trusting your case to a skilled attorney than trying to settle the matter yourself. Here’s why:
- Insurance companies are not on your side: Like all private businesses, insurers are in it to make money. This means charging as much as they can for premiums and paying out as little as possible in claims. All too often, accident victims end up getting the short end of the stick.
- Insurance adjusters are taught to save their employer as much money as possible: Adjusters never forget who pays their salary. These people will do everything they can to please their employer, including using all their skills when dealing with accident victims.
- Recovering from an injury is a full-time job all by itself: Doctor visits, physical therapy, and trying to pay your bills can eat up your time and energy quickly. Why add more to your plate by dealing with insurers and at-fault drivers on your own?
How do you choose the right law practice to represent you?
Here’s what to look for:
- A firm with the experience you need: The law is a complex field that grows more specialized every day. You need an attorney who’s an expert in dealing with auto accident and insurance cases.
- A firm with a track record you can trust: The attorneys here at Ellis Injury Law have recovered more than $350 million for our clients over the years. That’s the kind of performance that inspires confidence.
- A firm that puts its clients first: No accident victim should feel pushed away or left out by their Los Angeles personal injury lawyer. You deserve the same respect you give to others. Demand no less.
Once you consider these factors, we’re confident that you’ll choose Ellis Injury Law to represent you. Get in touch with us today to set up your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. Remember, we want to be your Los Angeles car accident lawyer firm.