Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a serious bus accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your losses. At Ellis Law, our bus accident attorneys are ready to discuss your bus accident case during a no-obligation consultation, answer your legal questions, and put your mind at ease about your bus accident claim.
Our bus accident attorneys are:
- Experienced at winning compensation for bus accident victims;
- Knowledgeable in all areas of bus accident law, both private and public; and
- Determined to hold negligent bus drivers and their employers responsible for the injuries they inflict on victims.
Any information you provide to Ellis Law is confidential. Contact us today to learn about our full-service law firm and the many ways in which we help bus accident victims return to their lives after a devastating crash.
What a Bus Accident Attorney Can Do For You
Filing a bus accident claim is a complicated process best handled by a legal professional. At Ellis Law, we determine all of the parties liable for your accident and hold them responsible for your losses. Our bus accident attorneys protect your rights throughout the entire legal process and fight for the maximum compensation allowable by law for your injuries.
Ellis Law’s bus accident attorneys will build the strongest legal claim possible on your behalf and stand beside you from the beginning to the end of your case.
This may include any of the following and more:
- Evaluating the scene of the accident;
- Hiring expert medical witnesses;
- Working with accident reconstructionists;
- Retaining a private investigator;
- Identifying and interviewing eyewitnesses;
- Aggressively negotiating on your behalf with any insurance company(s); and
- If needed, filing and presenting your legal case before the court.
When Ellis Law handles your bus accident claim, you can concentrate on healing from your injuries. Call us today to take your first step towards recovering from your injuries and other accident-related losses.
What is a Bus?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration or FMCSA defines a bus as any vehicle used to transport nine or more people. Commonly used buses include:
- School buses;
- Municipal transit buses;
- Tour buses;
- Intercity buses; and
- Airport buses.
Bus Accidents are Unique
Bus accidents are unique due to the configuration of buses, their weight, and the number of passengers they carry. Frequently, bus accidents have the potential for significant injuries and fatalities due to their:
- Longer starting and stopping distances;
- Increased chance of rollover;
- Cargo within the passenger area;
- Lack of safety restraints; and
- Number of passengers standing in the aisle.
Bus Accident Injuries
Injuries due to bus accidents range from minor cuts and bruises to more severe, life-threatening trauma. Some commonly cited bus accident injuries include:
- Bone breaks and fractures;
- Torn tendons and ligaments;
- Severe cuts, lacerations, and bruising;
- Brain injuries, such as concussions or skull fractures;
- Back sprains;
- Neck strains;
- Spinal cord trauma;
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); and
- Wrongful death.
Compensation for a Bus Accident
Compensation for a bus accident claim depends on the type and severity of the victim’s injuries, their prognosis for recovery, and the overall effect of the accident on the victim’s life. Generally, damage amounts include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages for injuries are easily calculable items such as:
- Lost wages due to time off work;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Medical and doctor bills for emergency and continuing care;
- Property loss or replacement;
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation;
- Hospital stay; and
- Medical equipment.
Non-economic damages are more subjective and harder to determine. These include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Pain and suffering;
- Chronic pain;
- Mental and emotional trauma; and
- Loss of consortium.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney
If you have questions about your bus accident claim or bus accident compensation, call Ellis Law’s Los Angeles personal injury lawyers today. Our bus accident attorneys are compassionate and understanding regarding your accident injuries and recovery. We want you to move forward from your accident to live your best possible life.
At Ellis Law, there are never any charges unless we reach a settlement or receive a verdict in your favor. Reach out to our Los Angeles office today for more information.