Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Burn injuries require the help of a serious law firm experienced in pursuing negligent and reckless parties on behalf of burn victims. If you or your loved one suffered a burn injury through no fault of your own, contact the attorneys at Ellis Law for legal assistance today.
At Ellis Law, our burn injury attorneys are:
- Competent and knowledgeable in all areas of burn injury claims;
- Qualified to assist you and fight on you and your family’s behalf; and
- Available to answer your burn injury questions and address your concerns regarding your legal standing.
Call Ellis Law so we can begin work on your burn injury claim immediately. Our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys protect the legal rights of burn injury victims. The sooner you acquire legal representation from Ellis Law, the faster we can help repair any financial damage to your family and get you the resources you need to recover.
Our Experienced Burn Injury Attorneys Can Help You
It is often difficult to prove a negligent party’s responsibility for your injuries in a burn injury claim. These claims are complicated and constricted by state time limits for filing. At Ellis Law, we have the resources and knowledge needed to build and prove your burn injury claim in a timely fashion through:
- Obtaining all of the accident-related evidence, including any video or photo surveillance, eyewitness accounts, and accident reports;
- Connecting you with burn specialists to fully assess the extent of your injuries;
- Negotiating with insurance carriers to get the compensation you need; and
- Taking your case to trial if necessary.
As the victim of a burn injury, you should never be forced to pay out-of-pocket for your medical costs or accident-related expenses. Call Ellis Law now to learn more about the burn injury claims process and schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss your burn injury claim with a qualified professional.
Causes of Burn Injuries
There are four common causes of burn injuries. These include smoke inhalation, thermal contact, electrical equipment, and chemicals.
- Smoke inhalation, or inhaling a quantity of carbon dioxide or dangerous gas, can damage the respiratory system, block the airway, and lead to suffocation;
- Thermal contact, the most common burn injury, is the result of direct contact with an open heat source like fire, steam, or a boiling liquid. Sunburns are a thermal burn;
- Electrical equipment burns are caused by interference with an electrical current. These may be due to gripping an exposed wire, contact with electrified water, or mishandling machinery; and
- Chemical burns occur when a corrosive chemical substance comes into contact with body tissue externally or internally. Some commonly used acids, bases, oxidizers, solvents, thinning agents, and alkylating agents have damaging effects on the human body.
Categories of Burn Injuries
There are four categories of burn injuries ranging from mild to severe. They are classified into degrees, and each degree has its particular signs and symptoms. These are as follows:
- First-degree burn. These are treatable at-home and cause redness and mild swelling;
- Second-degree burn. These burns cause painful, swollen, moist-looking skin. Second-degree burns affect the first two skin layers and can leave a scar;
- Third-degree burn. These burns penetrate down to the fatty layer below the skin. The victim may feel numbness instead of pain in the area; and
- Fourth-degree burn. These burns can cause blackening of the skin. The burn victim may or may not feel pain due to nerve damage in the burned area.
Treatment of severe burns takes ongoing medical attention, which can be expensive. Burn patients may begin their care at a hospital and later be transported to a burn center for specialized recovery and rehabilitation.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Every burn injury claim is different, and the severity of your burn injury and your prognosis for recovery will affect the types and amount of compensation available in your case. An experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorney at Ellis Law will pursue full compensation on your behalf for your damages, including any future accident-related costs.
If your loved one died due to severe burns, Ellis Law can pursue a wrongful death case on your family’s behalf. Contact our compassionate burn injury attorneys today for your risk-free consultation. We look forward to answering your legal questions and addressing your most pressing concerns about your burn injury claim.