Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicyclists are highly vulnerable to accidents with cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles. They are likely to suffer lifelong injuries in these accidents, miss work, and incur significant medical expenses and property damage. When insurance companies offer little help and financial assistance, the aftermath of a severe bicycle accident can seem hopeless.
If you were injured or lost a loved one to a serious bicycle accident, Ellis Law will take the legal burden of your bicycle claim off of your shoulders and allow you the opportunity to heal.
Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys have:
- Decades of experience fighting for injuries bicycle riders after car accidents;
- An intimate knowledge of both car and bicycle accident claims’ law; and
- The dedication and determination necessary to take on even the largest insurance companies.
At Ellis Law, we advance all the costs associated with your legal claim and only charge you fees when we win compensation for you. Do not hesitate to get the help you need. Call Ellis Law today and schedule a free initial consultation with our bicycle accident attorneys.
Our Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Attorneys Can Help
It is imperative you do not sign any statement or accept any payment from an insurance company until you have the offer reviewed by an experienced bicycle accident attorney from Ellis Law. Any initial settlement offer will be minimal and based on claims similar to yours, with no consideration for the specifics of your case and your total losses. By accepting an early offer of settlement, you could be signing away your rights to further compensation.
When you contact Ellis Law, our skilled bicycle accident attorneys will:
- Schedule your complimentary consultation;
- Review your case and discuss your available legal options;
- Investigate your case and file your claim;
- Handle all insurance company correspondence and paperwork;
- Gather evidence such as police reports, medical records, receipts, and more;
- File a lawsuit if a suitable settlement cannot be reached;
- Identify all possible sources of compensation;
- Consult with needed experts; and
- Act as a buffer between you and any issues that detract from your recovery.
At Ellis Law, we can help you regardless of where you are in your bicycle accident claim. Call our attorneys today for answers to your bicycle accident claim questions and to discuss your best options for moving forward with your claim.
Common Causes of Los Angeles Bicycle Accidents
When bicycles and motor vehicles collide, it is the bicyclist who suffers the most significant injuries. Injuries often include: broken bones, back injuries, and even brain injury. However, the driver of the motor vehicle often causes the accident.
Common driver errors that result in bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving;
- Impaired driving;
- Drowsy driving;
- Lane changes;
- Failure to yield;
- Aggressive driving;
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals;
- Sideswiping a bicyclist;
- Failure to look before turning in front of a bicyclist;
- Pulling out into a bicyclist’s path; and
- Opening the door of a parked car into the path of a cyclist.
Compensation for a Bicycle Accident
No matter the cause of a bicycle accident, victims often find themselves facing serious financial burdens as they struggle to recover. Compensation for a bicycle accident includes past, current, and future accident-related expenses such as:
- Medical bills;
- Property damage;
- Lost income;
- Loss of earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental and emotional trauma; and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Contact an Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney
An experienced bicycle accident attorney from Ellis Law can review your accident and advise you regarding the types of compensation available in your case and its potential value. Our legal team has the experience and resources needed to recover the maximum compensation available for your claim.
Call Ellis Law as soon as possible to get started on your bicycle accident claim. Our bicycle accident attorneys are ready to meet with you in a risk-free initial consultation.