La Mirada Bus Accident Lawyers
La Mirada is fortunate to have an excellent public transportation system. Unfortunately, sometimes even well-managed public buses find themselves involved in serious crashes. The sheer size and power of a public vehicle can make the aftermath of an accident particularly traumatic for its victims. That’s why it’s important to call La Mirada personal injury lawyers right away if you’ve been involved in a collision. They can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
What to do in the event of a bus accident
Since each accident is unique, it’s impossible to provide a one-size-fits-all set of instructions for what to do after every collision. However, the following tips can come in handy in most cases:
- Try to stay calm: This may be difficult to do, especially if the vehicle is damaged or there are serious injuries. Still, a cool head is essential when dealing with the unexpected.
- Assess your injuries: How badly are you hurt? Are you in pain? Are you bleeding? Try to determine if you’re able to move to seek help or if you should remain right where you are.
- Call for help: Do either you or a fellow passenger have access to a cell phone? If so, then contact emergency responders right away. Give them as much information about the crash as possible.
- Document the incident as best you can: A smartphone or other mobile device is ideal for this purpose. But even handwritten notes can prove valuable later on. The better documented the incident, the more likely you will receive the compensation you deserve afterward.
- If possible, help others: The driver or your fellow passengers may need immediate assistance. A simple word of comfort by itself can help.
- Always seek medical help afterward: No accident is too minor to forgo this important step. Healthcare professionals are trained to spot signs of trouble that the rest of us can miss.
- Contact a La Mirada bus accident attorney: It takes skilled personal injury lawyers to determine if liability exists on the transportation company’s part.
What to look for when choosing a law office
A qualified bus accident lawyer can be a valuable resource during the post-crash recuperative phase. This is a personal injury attorney who specializes in cases involving public transportation. Here is what he or she can do for you:
- Help you to understand your legal options: Never assume that the bus company or another third-party is not liable for the accident. Only a bus accident attorney should make that call.
- Offer personal and emotional support: Sometimes the hardest part of recovering from an accident is the stress and anxiety it causes. During such times, it’s good to have a sympathetic ear to lean on.
- Figure out your game plan for the future: Even a minor accident can have life-altering consequences. A trusted legal advisor can help you to decide what to do going forward.
Contact us here at Ellis Injury Law if we can help in any way. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience and never charge for consultations. Plus, we collect no fee unless you win your case. We look forward to speaking with you.