Kern County Personal Injury Lawyers
It’s no surprise that Kern County is one of the fastest-growing communities in the country. Our sunny weather and scenic beauty are a perfect match for any kind of outdoor activity, from playing sports to simply relaxing with a good book and a cold drink.
But personal injuries can happen anywhere on earth, even when we take steps to avoid them. If you find yourself hurt due to someone else’s negligence, then we invite you to contact us today to talk to a personal injury lawyer. Quick action can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
The best cure is prevention
Not all personal injuries are caused by the victim’s carelessness or oversight. Still, all of us are responsible for using caution and common sense while going about our daily tasks. With that in mind, here are some tips for avoiding a painful accident:
- Keep an eye out: Safety hazards can pop up anywhere. For example, wet floors can be caused by something as simple as a person spilling a bottle of water and neglecting to clean it up. These sorts of mishaps occur all the time in retail outlets and other public places.
- Dress for the environment: This is especially important when it comes to footwear. Shoes with slip-resistant soles are a good choice for most locations.
- Use extra caution when going up and downstairs: Thousands of accidents occur each year due to people forgetting to use handrails or forget to watch out for obstructions while using stairs.
- Minimize the use of electronic devices: Smartphones make our lives more convenient, but they can also distract us at the worst possible time, like when a safety hazard is coming right at us.
- Obey all highway warning signs: Safety officials work hard to notify the public of road hazards. But it’s up to us to follow their recommendations, such as avoiding marked construction zones and flood areas.
- Keep the other person’s wellbeing in mind: Pushing others out of the way, weaving in and out of traffic, and failing to show common courtesy is not only bad etiquette, but it can also increase your odds of suffering a personal injury. Good manners are always the best way to go.
Who to reach out to if you sustain an injury
Sometimes you can take all the precautions in the world and still end up in an injury-causing accident. Should you find yourself in that situation, it’s important to contact a personal injury attorney right away. But which law firm do you trust in your case? Here are some handy guidelines:
- Results speak louder than words: For example, the Kern County personal injury lawyers here at Ellis Injury Law have recovered more than $350 million for their clients, a figure which speaks for itself. Expect those same kinds of results from whatever law office you choose.
- Consultations should never cost you a dime: You’ve already been through enough without adding a whopping legal bill to your list of worries.
- Contingency arrangements are another must-have: An attorney who truly believes in your case will forego legal fees unless your case prevails.
Don’t take personal injuries lying down. Get in touch with us here at Ellis Injury Law today to schedule your free consultation with our Kern County personal injury lawyers. We’re happy to help in any way we can.