Hacienda Heights Truck Accident Lawyers
Hacienda Heights was once a rich, fertile area for citrus and avocado farming that shipped across the country. While a citrus blight led to the resurgence of the area as a bedroom community for Chinese and Taiwanese immigrants, Hacienda Heights is home to many thriving restaurants, supermarkets, and retail shopping centers that rely on trucks coming down the 60 Freeway to deliver goods.
Traffic accidents are inevitable, but the repercussions can be particularly severe when large, heavy trucks are involved. Hacienda Heights truck accident lawyers at Ellis Injury Law offer free case reviews for anyone interested in exploring their legal rights following a serious accident.
Do you need a lawyer?
Los Angeles personal injury lawyers preside over any case involving physical injury (as opposed to property damage.) Motorists can handle minor fender-benders through their insurance agents, but once the property damage exceeds $5,000 and the cost of treating physical injuries begins to climb closer to California’s $15,000 minimum insurance threshold, you will need an experienced attorney to build your lawsuit strategy.
- Investigate the accident scene.
- Obtain the police report.
- Subpoena trucking company records.
- Interview witnesses.
- Locate, gather, and preserve evidence.
- Secure expert witnesses and medical professionals to testify on your behalf.
- Negotiate with the trucker’s insurance company to reach a fair settlement.
- File an action to fight for maximum compensation in court, if necessary.
How much is a truck accident case worth?
A Los Angeles personal injury attorney from Ellis Injury Law can help you determine how much your case is worth, so you don’t settle for less and end up paying out-of-pocket when the money runs out. We’ve helped hundreds of accident victims, which gives us a unique vantage point. We’ve seen how much truck accident injuries cost over the long term, and we know how much insurers are willing to flex when the case against them is strong.
Some of the factors considered in truck accident claims include:
- How much medical expense have you incurred? With good record-keeping and simple addition, it’s easy to calculate the total for your doctor co-pays, ambulance or helicopter transport, emergency room fees, hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation therapies, prescription drug costs, and assistive devices.
- How much medical expense are you likely to incur in the future? Medical professionals can help us estimate the cost of future treatments, within reason.
- How much property damage was there? We recommend getting a professional estimate of the cost to repair your vehicle, cross-referenced with the Kelley Blue Book value of your vehicle.
- How much work did you miss due to your injuries? Pay stubs and the number of days or weeks off work help us estimate your economic losses. Paid time off and sick days benefits can be factored in.
- How much work will you miss in the future? Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be unable to return to work for some time, you may have a permanently reduced capacity to work, or you may be disabled altogether.
- How much pain and suffering has the accident caused? Injuries may receive more compensation in this area if: the injury is permanent; ongoing rehabilitation is necessary; you had surgeries or bear scars from the injury; the injury has impacted your relationships, hobbies, employment, and quality of life significantly. Many insurers use a multiplier, adding up all economic damages and multiplying by 1.5 to 5, depending on the severity.
Why Ellis Injury Law?
Ellis Injury Law proudly serves all of Los Angeles County, including Hacienda Heights, with expert legal representation. Our personal injury lawyers have secured over $350 million for personal injury clients, including victims of trucking accidents. From $750,000 for a spinal injury to $1.4 million for neck and back injuries, we’ve presided over some of the largest truck accident payouts in California. Founder Andrew Ellis ranks among America’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers. We offer representation at no up-front costs to our clients. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking the best personal injury lawyer in Hacienda Heights.