Glendale Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Known for its beautiful parks and safe streets, Glendale is a great place to live. This allows many of us must get around by walking, which is safer for the environment and great exercise.
This can prove to be quite beneficial, except when people on foot suffer from the negligence or irresponsibility of others.
If you’re dealing with the effects of a pedestrian accident then we invite you to get in touch with Ellis personal injury lawyers today. Quick action is crucial for getting the compensation you deserve.
Six common causes of pedestrian accidents
People are walking more than ever before and for good reasons. Not only is taking a stroll good for your health, but it’s also a great way to enjoy Southern California’s mild weather and natural beauty.
But part of staying healthy is knowing about the risk factors that can lead to injuries. With that in mind, here’s a look at six common causes of pedestrian accidents:
- Electronic distractions: We all love our smartphones. But trying to text or surf the web while walking is a bad idea. You’re better off waiting until you’re safely seated before going online or playing your favorite games.
- Alcohol use: Intoxicated walking can be almost as dangerous as drunk driving. Alcoholic beverages reduce alertness, slow reaction times, and make it hard to exercise good judgment.
- Walking at night: Reduced visibility is a leading cause of pedestrian accidents. It’s always a good idea to wear reflective or brightly colored clothing when you’re out after dark.
- Electric vehicles: Battery-powered cars are cheap to operate and environmentally responsible. But their whisper-quiet motors can make it easy for an unwary pedestrian to walk right across their path.
- Jaywalking: Failing to use properly marked crosswalks is a recipe for disaster, especially in a densely populated urban area like Glendale.
- Left-hand turns: Just because you have the right of way doesn’t mean it’s safe to go. Impatient motorists often forget to check for pedestrians when they’re turning left at an intersection.
How to find the right lawyer for you
Sometimes all the safety steps in the world can’t stop an injury from occurring. A pedestrian accident lawyer is who to see when you find yourself struggling to pay medical bills and meet living expenses. Here’s how he or she can help to make things right:
- By going to bat on your behalf: A personal injury attorney knows how to deal with pushy insurance companies and negligent parties.
- By gathering the facts to prove your case: Insurance claims and court cases are decided on the basis of evidence. Los Angeles personal injury lawyers know how to find the proof you need, even when others try to cover it up.
- By giving you much-needed emotional support: Glendale pedestrian accident lawyers are more than just trained legal experts. They’re also caring, concerned human beings who look out for their clients.
Get in touch with Ellis Injury Law today to arrange your no-cost consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. Remember, we want to be your Glendale pedestrian accident lawyers.