How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in California
Every year, millions of Americans turn to the courts after suffering an accident that causes physical injury and financial losses. Having a good personal injury lawyer in your corner is imperative when every pay check matters, you’re in pain and hospital bills are piling up. An experienced, knowledgeable attorney is essential for not only establishing liability, but also maximizing the value of your claim. Personal injury lawyers are charged with a number of tasks when it comes to protecting their client’s rights. They investigate accidents, research and gather evidence, draft legal documents, interview witnesses, develop strategies, negotiate and advocate, all while keeping their client’s best interests at the forefront.
Retaining the right attorney will undoubtedly affect the success of your case, but considering the nearly 200,000 State Bar members in good standing, how do you find the best personal injury lawyers in California?
While personal recommendations from friends, family and colleagues are a great starting point, here are five tips to help you narrow down your search for the right legal counsel.
Best personal injury lawyers
When you’ve been harmed through no fault of your own, it’s important to find the best injury attorney to represent your claim.
- Experience matters – How many years has the attorney been practicing personal injury law in California? More importantly, do they have expertise that relates to your particular type of injury case? This experience is vital for investigating and litigating claims, understanding state-specific laws and ensuring the best outcome.
- Credentials & rating – Graduating at the top of their law school class, or from an Ivy League school suggests a solid foundation in academics. You also want to ensure the attorney is a member in good standing. Many turn to Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers, which use peer nominations among other screening methods, to find some of the top rated lawyers in California.
- Proven track record – Nothing speaks more to the success and credibility of a lawyer than their track record of verdicts and settlements. Prior case results illustrate the types of lawsuits handled, and the money awards procured.
- Professional Legal Awards & Affiliations – Trial organization awards are another way to assess the quality and reputation of a personal injury lawyer, and if they have demonstrated qualifications of excellence, influence and leadership in their state. Less than 1 percent of all U.S. attorneys are part of the elite Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which limits membership to those who have procured million or multi-million dollar payouts for their clients. To find out if your prospective counsel is at the top of their game, look for prestigious professional awards and peer-review nominations.
Best personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles CA
Finding the best legal talent in Los Angeles is an important step for any personal injury victim. For more than two decades, Ellis Injury Law has been helping victims rebuild their lives, one settlement at a time. Founding partner Andrew Ellis has received numerous awards for his trial skills and legal prowess, and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, American Board of Trial Attorneys among other associations.
For a free case review in Los Angeles or any one of our 13 California office locations, our veteran team of personal injury lawyers can be reached 24 hours a day.
Additional “personal injury lawyer” resources
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers http://www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/ntl-groups/top-100-trial-lawyers/
- Best Lawyers, Methodology Process https://www.bestlawyers.com/Methodology