Cerritos Bus Accident Lawyers
What once was a sleepy dairy farm community bustles with buses today. School buses, work shuttles, metro transportation, and tour buses share the lanes with much smaller passenger vehicles. When bus drivers fail to exercise caution behind the wheel, the results can be catastrophic. Sometimes, upon closer inspection, diligent personal injury lawyers discover the bus companies themselves are liable for accidents by violating the law, promoting unreasonable schedules, failing to hire and train employees properly, or improperly maintaining vehicles in their fleets. With more than $350 million secured for personal injury victims over the last 25+ years, Ellis Injury Law is a name you can trust to secure the compensation you deserve.
Do you need a bus accident lawyer?
The best bus accident lawyer is someone with an in-depth understanding of personal injury law, particularly motor vehicle accidents, who has local ties with judges and law clerks. At Ellis Injury Law, we help bus accident victims in a variety of different ways:
- Investigating the scene, the wreckage, video surveillance footage, and witness statements.
- Determining the cause of the crash and which individuals or third parties shoulder liability.
- Referring you to the best medical care providers for your injuries if you would like a referral.
- Helping you navigate monetary concerns with bill collectors and insurance companies.
- Maintaining organized medical records, treatments, and important documents related to the case.
- Interviewing witnesses, experts, crash scene investigators, and other professionals.
- Representing your interests in negotiations and courtroom proceedings if necessary.
How much is a bus accident claim worth?
Every bus accident case is different and based on its own unique merits, but compensation depends upon several factors:
- How clearly has the prosecution demonstrated fault? (If you are determined to be partially at-fault, the amount of compensation you receive could be reduced. Defendants deemed willfully malicious or grossly negligent may be hit with substantial punitive damages designed to punish wrongdoing.)
- How much loss have you suffered? (This includes medical bills, lost wages, and emotional suffering.)
- How much loss are you likely to continue suffering? (Permanently disabled or disfigured plaintiffs receive more than those who are likely to make a full recovery.)
- Did you file in a timely manner? (If you are suing the city or another government entity, you may have as little as six months to initiate your claim.)
We cannot guarantee a particular outcome, but we have secured $320,000 for a pedestrian who suffered elbow, back, and neck injuries after being struck by a bus and $1 million for a taxi cab driver rear-ended by a bus. Decades of experience have taught us when to accept a settlement offer and when to push hard in court. We win 99% of the cases we take on, so we can honestly say your likelihood of obtaining compensation is VERY probable if we agree to pursue your claim.
Cerritos bus accident lawyers proudly serving the gateway cities
Ellis Injury Law proudly serves the Gateway Cities of southeast Los Angeles County, including more than 49,000 residents in Cerritos. Our conveniently-located office in El Segundo is less than 30 minutes away. Complimentary, no-obligation consultations are always available, whether in our office, on the phone, in the hospital, or wherever you are recovering. You owe us no money upfront and only pay for services if we win compensation on your behalf. Contact a personal injury attorney at Ellis Injury Law for the best possible representation.