Best Slip Resistant Shoes to Prevent Falls
Every year in the U.S., falls account for over eight million emergency room visits, and according to the CDC, nearly 1 million patients are hospitalized for broken bones, head trauma and other fall-related injuries. Whether it happens at a swimming pool, on the job, or while out shopping, a slip and fall accident can leave victims with significant injuries, the most common being fractures of the pelvis, leg, ankle, forearm and hand. If you are one of these people, you may be able to benefit from a consultation with a slip and fall attorney.
The right footwear can go a long way toward keeping you steady on a wet or slick surface. While no shoe is entirely slip-proof, there are some with special soles that provide extra traction, helping reduce the odds of an accidental fall. Various manufacturers have created slip-resistant footwear with advanced features to improve safety. The grippy sole materials and tread pattern are made to channel liquids away from the bottom of the sole. Some have deep circular treads and beveled heals that help prevent losing traction when stepping into water, oil or another slippery substance.
Slip-resistant footwear is prevalent and sometimes mandatory for workers in certain industries, from construction and hospitality to healthcare. If you work in an area where oil is used, or cooking is performed, slip-resistant shoes should be a must-have.
If you’re in the market for a good pair of non-slip shoes, here are ten that garner top reviews.
Best slip-resistant footwear
Whether you’re looking for work boots or a pair of durable clogs, most brands feature their own slip-resistant technology and materials.
- Townforst Jess Work No Slip Shoes – Lightweight slip-on shoes featuring a special rubber outsole that grips the floor surface. Micro-channel treads make these women’s shoes tractive on all types of wet or greasy floor surfaces.
- Skechers Rockland Systemic Slip Resistant Shoes – A comfortable lace-up sneaker with a patented rubber outsole extending up the heel for extra grip
- Nunn Bush Bleaker Slip Resistant Loafer — A professional looking, slip on loafer developed with a rolling impact zone and slip-resistant non-marking rubber pods for a strong grip.
- Scholl’s Men’s Harrington Work Shoe – A handsome, leather lace up work shoe that is oil-resistant, slip-resistant and has a patented Lock Step Outsole that meets occupational standards
- Merrell Jungle Moc Slip on Shoe – Great for outdoor enthusiasts or long hours on the job, this rugged shoe has durable rubber outsoles with marked lug patterns for excellent traction and a molded arch shank.
- SafeTstep Slip Resistant Oxfords for Men – The Comfort Oxford is designed with safety in mind and gets good reviews from restaurant workers for being reliably oil and slip resistant.
- Merrell Women’s Hollyleaf Sandal – A stylish sandal that’s engineered for traversing all types of wet terrain. The traction outsole is extra thick and features patented M Select Grip materials.
- New Balance Oil Slip Resistant Work Shoes (Unisex) – The New Balance 626 V2 sneaker has a compression molded EVA midsole for all-day comfort and the rubber sole meets safety standards for being oil and slip-resistant.
- FILA Memory Workshift Slip Resistant Work Shoe – This lace-up men’s sneaker is praised for its solid traction and slip-resistant outsole that’s been tested in accordance with industry standards (ASTM F2913-11).
- Fanture Slip Resistant Clog/Work Shoe — A multifunctional clog designed with a SUCKER slip resistant sole that is recommended in the food service and healthcare industries.
Injured? Reach out to Ellis Law for help
Equipping yourself with slip-resistant footwear can decrease the likelihood of a fall-related injury. In situations where a property owner’s negligence contributes to a slip and fall, victims may have grounds to sue for damages. You may require an attorney to prove negligence if you’ve been injured.
Andy Ellis is a top-rated Los Angeles slip and fall lawyer with more than 25 years of experience helping clients and their families recover fair compensation in premises liability claims. Reach out today for a free, private consultation by calling the number above.
Additional Resources on Slip-Resistant Shoes & Fall-Related Injuries:
- CDC, Important Facts about Falls https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html
- NicerShoes, Best Slip Resistant Shoes Reviewed https://nicershoes.com/best-slip-resistant-shoes-reviewed/