Bakersfield Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Our populous and productive city is known for its blazing hot summers. Luckily, our so-called “winter” makes up for the hot season, by inviting locals to get outside and enjoy all that Mother Nature has to offer.
There’s no doubt that walking is a great way to get your daily exercise and even save a little money on your gas expenses. But anytime you travel by foot, there’s always the risk of suffering a pedestrian accident.
We say this, not to discourage you from taking a walk, but to keep us in mind in case misfortune should come your way. As experienced Bakersfield personal injury lawyers, we can help you to get the compensation you deserve. The way forward starts by contacting us today.
Pedestrians are at risk
The National Safety Council (NSC) keeps the public informed about the threats that all of us face from day-to-day hazards. Here’s what the organization has to say about pedestrian accidents:
- There were 6,720 injury-causing pedestrian accidents involving automobiles or other vehicles in 2015 alone.
- In each of these cases, the trauma inflicted was severe enough to cause missed time from work. In fact, the average number of days missed was 23, or about a month.
- About 50% of these accidents affected the victim’s legs or feet, impairing his or her ability to get around.
- Pedestrian accidents can happen almost anywhere, including roadsides, work zones, and even footpaths where motor vehicles are allowed access.
- The risks of injury skyrocket when factors such as poor lighting or adverse weather come into play.
Just imagine what missing a month of work could do to your household budget. That figure is only part of the equation. Add in the costs of medical care and the total can easily reach into the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
We are here to help
The good news is that a pedestrian accident lawyer can help you to rise above your accident. Here’s how:
- By standing up to the other side: High pressure and intimidation have caused many accident victims to sign away their rights. In most cases, these arrangements turn into a raw deal for the injured party. A personal injury attorney can stand up to these kinds of sleazy tactics, helping you to get every penny you deserve.
- By providing encouragement and sympathy: Bakersfield pedestrian accident lawyers are more than just skilled attorneys. They’re also compassionate human beings who know how to listen and how to offer gentle encouragement to those who need it the most.
- By going to court when necessary: A Bakersfield pedestrian accident attorney understands when it’s time to stop negotiating and let a judge or jury decide the matter. This by itself can often make insurance companies and negligent parties do the right thing.
The Los Angeles personal injury lawyers here at Ellis Injury Law have recovered more than $350 million for their clients during their years of practice. Their track record speaks for itself.
Find out more about our legal professionals by getting in touch with us today. We’re available 24/7 and we never charge for consultations.