Bakersfield Accident Lawyer
Residing just north of Los Angeles, Bakersfield residents are no strangers to accidents. Bad things happen to good people all the time, but that doesn’t mean that those good people have to sit idle in their suffering.
If you’ve been injured in an accident through little or no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury case. A Los Angeles personal injury lawyer can help. In fact, you need a competent lawyer to help guide you through your case and make sure you get the maximum possible compensation.
Type of Injury
Car crashes, workplace incidents, slips, trips, falls and a whole host of other kinds of accidents lead to many different kinds of injuries. Some of these injuries are severe or catastrophic.
Catastrophic injuries are those that render the victim unable to work, and they usually involve some kind of damage to the limbs, brain, spinal cord, or organs. Because of the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries, the victim generally loses their quality of life in a substantial way.
While there are many types of catastrophic injuries, some of the most common include:
- Spinal Cord Injury – Damage to the spinal cord is usually catastrophic because the spinal cord controls most bodily functions. For example, damage to the upper part of the spinal cord could lead to complete loss of movement in all four limbs, and damage to the lower part of the spinal cord could render the victim unable to walk.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A traumatic brain injury or TBI is when the brain is permanently damaged above the stem.
- Whiplash or Disc Injury – While disc injuries, like whiplash, are not always catastrophic many can be. When discs are ruptured, they can put pressure on nerves and cause incredible and debilitating pain for the victim.
- Bone Fractures – While broken bones are not always catastrophic, many can be. For example, compound fractures in which the broken bone protrudes from the skin often require surgery and can leave victims out of commission for long periods of time or with a permanent disability.
- Disfiguring Burns – Irreparable damage to the skin is considered catastrophic, including if the damage is from burns. This damage can leave victims disfigured with significant scarring or missing nerve function in the affected areas.
Get the compensation you deserve for your accident
You can’t count on your insurance company for giving you the money you need for expenses and losses after an accident. Insurance companies have a reputation for taking advantage of claimants as they are not in the business of paying out claims.
Rather than leave your fate to insurance companies, take better control of your case outcome with the help of Los Angeles accident lawyers. The right lawyer will work hard to make sure you get money to help cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property repair or replacement
- Disfigurement or scarring
Count on Ellis Law
Ellis Law has the tenacious, results-focused style you want when fighting for compensation in an accident case. Every accident lawyer on our team is dedicated to getting justice for victims. Call us today for a free consultation.