Ellis Injury Law Diversity Scholarship Award
Ellis Law Corporation is happy to announce its first scholarship award in favor of students who wish to attain a degree in law. Legal education in this country has never been more competitive or more costly, and it is our goal to help interested candidates realize their potential. Part of this initiative is the promotion of diversity within our law schools and ultimately, our profession.
The Ellis Injury Law Diversity Scholarship Award is for $1,000 available to both undergraduate and law school students who are either members of an ethnic/racial minority OR have shown a strong commitment to diversity issues throughout their education.
Please read on for a more thorough review of eligibility requirements and application procedures.
Read all about the winners of the 2015 scholarship award.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship award, candidates must be EITHER:
- A member of an ethnic/racial minority OR
- An individual who has made a demonstrative commitment to diversity issues within his or her school and/or community
ALL candidates must be accepted at, or attending a 4-year college program with the intention of pursuing a legal degree; OR accepted at, or attending an ABA-accredited law school within the United States.
All candidates will also be required to submit a copy of their most current transcript reflecting a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Candidates must submit a 1500-2000 word essay with respect to recent rhetoric regarding Muslims in this country, including answers to the following questions:
- What are your feelings about Donald Trump’s recent request to ban all Muslims from entering the United States, and establish a database for all Muslims living in the United States of America?
- In your opinion, is this a justified response to growing terror threats against the US, and if so, why?
- Please discuss how the Bill of Rights acts to protect Americans against such measures and how the President might circumvent the Constitution in order to enact laws of this nature.
The following additional requirements are necessary for all applicants:
- Candidates must include their full name, physical address, email address, and phone number among their application materials.
- Applicants must complete and sign the attached PDF application form download PDF here and submit with other required materials.
- Only emailed submissions will be considered.
- Only Word or PDF attachments will be opened.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above.
- Proof of a minimum 3.0 GPA from the school you currently attend or most recently attended (copy of official transcript is sufficient).
Scholarship Award: $1,000
- The Diversity Scholarship will be awarded to one (1) student to be used toward tuition, books or housing at an accredited US undergraduate college program or law school.
- All applications must be received by email on or before June 30 (annual).
- Winners will be announced within 30 days of the application deadline.
- Please submit all applications via email to: email@example.com
All applicants agree that by submitting an application: Ellis injury Law may post essays and any images provided by the applicants on all affiliated firm websites and/or social media platforms.
Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ellis Law Corporation
The Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at Ellis Law Corporation are leading trial lawyers representing victims of negligence, car accidents, truck accidents catastrophic injury and wrongful death. The firm is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and members of American Board of Trial Lawyers.